Day 6 - Friday 11th July

>> Friday 11 July 2014

Sixth day here- and sixth day of great weather. In fact, it was simply fantastic this afternoon as we enjoyed a super 90 minutes on a cruise on the lakes and waterways around Jyvaskyla. I'm typing this at 10.35pm and the wonderful evening is just beginning to cool down now, with the sun soon to set. 

It took me a while, but I finally got a decent photo of the squirrel in our garden this morning, though he was far up the pine tree!
At the harbour in Jyvaskyla on a fabulous day.
Ice cream for Arnold.
Waiting for the boat.
Here it comes...
Baboushka and Sandy.

Anna, me and Keith enjoy the cruise.
Arnold and Olga.
Anna's dad.
 
Back at the cottage, on a hot evening again!
 I remember a few years back, when I was trying to convince my dad that he and my mum should perhaps come here, and I was describing how warm the lakes are to swim in and how hot it can be here. He found this difficult to believe, stating repeatedly that as it is so far north, he simply couldn't believe it could be so hot. Well, this week has been amazing weather, and tonight, once we got back from our cruise, we swam in what seemed was surely the warmest the lake has been so far.
Finally, Keith and I have just finished watching the speedway Premier League Pairs Championship from Somerset on Sky Sports here, and guess who won?

  Max Fricke and Sam Masters for Edinburgh!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP